The Tax Gurus LLC.
91 N. Saginaw Suite 103/ 17168 Wyoming
Pontiac, MI 48342
General Engagement Letter for Individual Tax Return Preparation
This letter is to inform you, the taxpayer, of the services we will provide you, and the responsibilities you have for preparation of your tax return.
Tax Return Preparation
• We will prepare your 2020 federal and state tax returns based on information you provide. Services for preparation of your return do not include auditing or verification of information provided by you.
• This engagement does not include any audit or examination of your books or records. In the event your return is audited, you will be responsible for verifying the items reported.
• The tax return preparation fee does not include bookkeeping.
• Fees charged for tax return preparation do not include audit representation or preparing materials to respond to correspondence from taxing authorities.
• Preparation fees do cover limited assistance and consultation during the year.
• The engagement to prepare your 2020 tax returns terminates upon delivery of your completed returns and original documents to you. Please store your supporting documents and copies of your tax returns in a secure place for at least seven years.
• You agree to provide us all income and deductible expense information. If you receive additional information after we begin working on your return, you will contact us immediately to ensure your completed tax returns contain all relevant information.
• You affirm that all expenses or other deduction amounts are accurate and that you have all required supporting written records. In some cases, we will ask to review your documentation.
• You must be able to provide written records of all items included on your return if audited by either the IRS or state tax authority. We can provide guidance concerning what evidence is acceptable.
• You must review the return carefully before signing to make sure the information is correct.
• Fees will be deducted from your tax refund.In the event that the your tax return is offset or mailed to you, you are still required to pay the tax preparation fees or legal action will be taken against you.
By signing below, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and accept your obligations and responsibilities and that you understand our responsibilities in preparing your tax returns as explained above. For a joint return, both taxpayers must sign.
• You should keep a copy of your tax return and any related tax documents. You may be assessed a fee if you request a copy in the future.