BRHS Parent-Teacher-Student Organization
Online Membership Form
Membership Dues: $35.00 per Family
100% of PTSO raised funds are given back to the students through program such as: Freshman/New Student Welcome Reception, Mentoring (STS), Senior Scholarships, College Prep Programs, AIDS Awareness Program, Project Graduation, Homecoming Parade, Student Clubs.
Why should I become a member?
Let’s face it, the beginning of school brings about a mountain of paperwork, forms, need to spend money here, need to spend money there…it can be overwhelming. So you may be looking at this form and wondering, why should I join? Well, here is why:
The membership fee for BRHS PTSO is only $35 per family, but what we give back to community is much more. Last year only 17% of families joined the PTSO, but through fundraising efforts, we were able to spend, on average, $20 per student educational support and enrichment programs.
There funds pay for programs/efforts such as the following:
- Programs to enrich the education and school life of the students of BRHS, including the Freshman/New Student Welcome Reception, Parent/Student College Preparatory Programs, Student Mentor Program (Sigma Tau Sigma), Homecoming parade.
- Teacher requests – Some items or events that are not in the yearly school budget and would not be possible without the help of the BRHS PTSO. Some examples: Battle of the Books Club/Spartans Read, Special Needs Field Day, TechEd Projects, Student Art Displays, Magazine Subscriptions for English classes, Impact club (for students dealing with a significant medical/death related family change), and school based clubs and organizations such as NHS and DECA.
- Scholarships - Each spring the BRHS PTSO awards up to ten $500 college scholarships to the most deserving BRHS graduating seniors regardless of gender or educational path.
- Project Graduation - The BRHS PTSO contributes to the Project Graduation All-Night Party that is a yearly event held after graduation night at a local venue. It is a nationwide effort to provide graduating seniors with a fun, safe place to celebrate their last night together as high school students.
- Hospitality - The BRHS PTSO supplements the Hospitality committee needs when parent donations are not sufficient to provide for food and drinks at many school events including: Back to School Kick-Off, Academic Awards Night, National Honor Society Induction, Foreign Language Induction, Teacher Appreciation Week, Junior Ring Ceremony.
To become a member of the BRHS PTSO, please complete the form below.