Extensions of longer than 7 days will only be granted on medical, compassionate or extenuating grounds, and require documented evidence in order to be assessed. Applications without appropriate evidence will not be approved.
Examples of circumstances considered include, but are not limited to;
- Sudden changes regarding income, employment or housing.
- Victim of crime (including domestic violence)
- Medical conditions of a serious nature, e.g., hospitalisation, serious injury or illness.
- Diagnosed mental health condition
- Compassionate (death of a close family member, significant family and/or relationship problems)
Examples of acceptable evidence include, but are not limited to;
- Letter from a hospital or health care professional
- Centrelink statement
- Community Service statement
- Police Case Number
- Letter from Counsellor or Pastor